Cumin Rice / Jeera Rice is a simple, quick and easy to make dish. I always make this when I am in hurry or want something simple for lunch / dinner.
Hot Jeera Rice with Dal Fry is a comfort food after a busy day. You can serve it with simple dal, dal fry or as it is. It also makes a great side dish for a heavy lunch or dinner.
You can also add some veggies to it and make simple pulav and serve it withto fix a quick luch or dinner.
This is kid friendly dish as its not spicy and if you add veggies and serve with raita then it will be a healthy meal for kids.
Following is the detailed recipe followed by step by step pictures, try it out and let me know you like it or not
- 1 Cup Rice (Basmati Preferred)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 ½ Tea Spoon Oil / As per your requirement
- 1 Small Bay Leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 ½ Tea Spoon Cumin Seeds / As per your requirement
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh green coriander leaves
- Wash and soak the rice for 10-15 min. (Remove water before cooking)
- Heat oil in a pressure coker on medium heat.
- Add cinnamon stick and bay leaf, stir for a min.
- Add cumin seeds, stir till they crackle.
- Add curry leaves and stir for a min.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add rice, mix well and cook for a min. stiring continuously.
- Add Water and some chopped coriander leaves. Close the lid and pressure cook the rice till 2 whistles on medium heat.
- Open the lid when cooker get cool down.
- Mix the rice slowly and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Jeera / Cumin Rice Recipe with Step by step pictures and instructions:
1.Wash and soak the rice for 10-15 min. (Remove water before cooking)
8.Add Water and some chopped coriander leaves. Close the lid and pressure cook the rice till 2 whistles on medium heat.