Intermittent Fasting for weight loss / Everything about Intermittent Fasting
In the fast-growing world, everyone wants to achieve everything in little time, especially when it comes to fitness and losing the excess weight. People around the world are following many trends, only to maintain health and fit body. Intermittent fasting is one of the new trends that are being followed by most of the people, where it follows alternating cycles of fasting as well as eating.
What is intermittent fasting?
Intermittent fasting in actual words is an eating pattern, which should be followed strictly, where fasting is done. In this method, an individual need not fast for an entire day or carve for food, but rather the fasting cycle is extended. In Intermittent fasting method, people need to start their intake of food in the noon and need to skip the morning breakfast in the early mornings. So, that they continue the fasting of the night till the afternoon and also essential to stop the last meal by 8 pm, there should not be any delay in it. Hence, intermittent fasting is a 16/8 method, where fasting will be for 16 hours and eating should be within the restricted 8 hours.
Types of intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting keeps one health fit and it is not restricted to just one type, but there are several other types. So let’s have a look at some of the popular methods briefly.
16/8 method of intermittent fasting
In this method of fasting, it is restricted to 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of eating, not continuously, but when required. So that first meals start at 12:00 pm or in the noon and end with last meal at 8:00 pm.
Eat – stop – Eat method / One meal a day fasting
In this method of fasting, people should not have their meals from one dinner to the next day dinner. That is fasting for 24 hours; it can be either one day or twice a week as per the capacity of the individual.
5:2 method of intermittent fasting
In this method of fasting, an individual need to intake just 500 to 600 calories and not more than that. It needs to be done for two days in a week.
Though there are huge numbers of intermittent fasting methods available to do, the most popular and convenient methods of intermittent fasting are above mentioned three.
Benefits of intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting has proven that in this types of fasting there are several benefits for body and brain. Here are some of the important benefits of them.
- The most important benefit obtained through intermittent fasting is that changes the functionality of cells, genes along with hormones.
- The major benefit of intermittent fasting is that lifespan of the human beings is increased, which is one of the great achievements that is possible by extending the lifespan of a person.
- The yet another important benefit is intermittent fasting is that it helps the individuals to lose the weight along with the belly fat. In this process, only a few calories are in taken, which in turn helps in boosting metabolism slightly.
- Intermittent fasting also allows an individual to reduce the insulin resistance, which in turn lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes. Here the blood sugar levels are reduced which will be an advantage.
- Intermittent fasting also helps in reducing oxidative damage as well as the inflammation in the body at the same time. It indeed helps against aging along with the development of a large number of diseases.
- A method of intermittent fasting helps the individuals to avoid the risk of heart diseases in the individuals. It includes blood pressure, cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels and blood triglycerides.
- Through intermittent fasting, it will be helpful to induce different cellular repair processes. The metabolic pathway which is triggered by fasting is known as autophagy. In this process, all the waste materials present in the cells of the human body are removed.
- Cancer is one of the serious diseases that is prevented through intermittent fasting. It also helps in preventing the side effects that are caused due to the Chemotherapy in cancer patients.
- Fasting through intermittent methods is good for the body as well as the brain. This is achieved by an increase in the level of new neurons in the body that will help in protecting the brain from the severe damages.
- It is also possible to decrease the disease of Alzheimer’s in the individuals who are on the intermittent fasting. It also helps in preventing other neurodegenerative diseases caused by the human health.
All the above are the proven benefits of intermittent fasting in the human beings, that help the people to stay healthy and fit. At the same time, people can gain immunity power and resistance to any of the diseases.