Lady finger / Bhindi / Okra is liked by many of us, mostly kids love bhindi / okra sabji. It is a good tiffin option. Bhidi cooks very quickly and have High Fiber Content, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Copper, Calcium , Potassium , Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc and Phosphorus so its a power pack and very good for growing kids and all of us.
Today I am sharing stuffed okra / bhindi recipe with anar dana / pomogranate twist.
So let’s start with the recipe.
- Ladyfingers...... 250 gms
- Onions................. 2 medium sized
- Red chilly powder... 1 tsp
- Coriander powder....1 tbsp
- Pomegranate seed (anardana) powder...2 tbsp.
- Garam masala powder... 1/2 tsp
- Roasted and crushed peanuts...1 to 1/2 cup.
- Turmeric powder.... 1/2 tsp
- Oil.......... 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice....... 1 tbsp
- Salt....... As per taste
- Clean and cut crowns and tips of ladyfingers.
- Make a deep slit on one side of each ladyfinger.
- Mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder, pomegranate seed power, coriander powder, garam masala powder, peanuts and salt with four tbsp of oil to make a thick paste.
- Stuff the prepared masala in ladyfinger.
- Heat oil in pan and saute onions for 2-3 minutes and turn brown.
- Gently slide in stuffed lady fingers and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot.
- You can also pack this in tiffin with roti or paratha, cool properly before packing to retain its crispiness.
Lady Finger Anardana / Bhindi Anardana / Stuffed Okra Recipe with step by step photos.
Take all the essential ingredients listed.
Clean and trim crowns and tips of ladyfingers. Make a deep slit on one side of each ladyfinger to create a pocket. See photo given below.
Mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder, pomegranate seed power, coriander powder, garam masala powder, crushed peanut and salt and mix well.
Add four tbsp oil and mix well to make a thick paste.
Stuff ladyfinger with this masala paste.
Heat oil in pan and gently slide in stuffed lady fingers. Cook it on medium heat for 5 minutes or until done stirring in between to avoid burning.
Sprinkle lemon juice n fresh coriander and serve hot or cool and pack in tiffin.
Hope you will like this, try this and share your views in comments 🙂