Mix Dal Ladoo Recipe with step by step pictures.
Ladoo is the easiest sweet dish to make, yet yummy in taste. Ladoo is loved by all especially Kids.
In many Indian festivals Lad0os offered to God. In ideal situation everyone think of making ladoos be offerd to God is preferably made in their kitchen to make it more pure.
In this post you will find step by step pictures to make ladoo. There is only four steps – Roast, Mix, Powder and Shape. Yes!!!!! This recipe is so simple. In this festive season, it is the most preferred home made easy sweet dish recipe for all.
As we know, there are several types of ladoo available. However, the mixed dal ladoo is the recipe which adds health factor in your daily diet chart. Different types of dal add all their nutrient value in this sweet dish. It is as delicious as others and healthy too.
This is also a great snack for kids and moms too 🙂 as moms can make and store these ladoo and offer a hungry kiddo without any guilt of offering junk food. These ladoo are very good to gain weight in picky eaters.
Your kiddo will like to have the ladoo as every kid want to be strong like Chota Bheem 🙂
- ½ cupUrad Dal
- ½ cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 cup of mixed dal (I used ready made packet of 5 mix dals: Red gram, Black gram, yellow gram,Green grams)
- ½ cup dry fruits (Cashew nuts, Almond or any of your like)
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup powdered jaggery
- Mix all dal together. Wash and clean them properly.
- Strain the excess water using a clean cotton kitchen towel.
- Roast the dal for a few minutes by stirring it continuously in a pan. Grind the mixed deal now. Keep it aside
- Roast the dry fruits and grind them.
- Mix the Dal, Jaggery and dry fruit mixture and grind once the mixture again.You will get a fine powder of dal mixture.
- Add ghee in a pan and add the dal and dryfruit mixture. Now stir continuously till golden brown.
- Take small amount of the hotmixture in your palm and press it with both hands to impart the desired shape. Generally small round shape is preferred for this recipe, however you can give any attractive shape.
- Do the same with the whole mixture and your mixed Dal Ladoos are ready.
- You can store them in an airtight container and can be used for over a month.
2.Strain the excess water and use a towel if needed.
3.Roast the dal by stirring it continuously in a pan. Check the dal by chewing it and you will feel a slight crunch then the dal will be ready. It will also turn slight brown but don’t over roast dal otherwise it will not taste good.
4.Grind the mixed dal and keep it aside.
5.Roast the dry fruits and again grind dal with nuts or you can cut the dry fruits in small chunks.
6.Mix the Dal, Jaggery and dry fruit mixture and grind once the mixture again.You will get a fine powder of sweet dal mixture with jaggery. Take the powder in a big bowl, add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and mix it well.
7.Add ghee in a pan and add the hot ghee in prepared dal mixture and mix well. Ghee is hot so take care while mixing it.
8.Take small amount of the hot mixture in your palm and press it with both hands to impart the desired shape. Generally small round shape is preferred for this recipe, however you can give any attractive shape.
9.Make laddos in same way with the remaining mixture and your mixed Dal Ladoos are ready. You can store them in an airtight container and can be used for over a month.
You can enjoy these healthy and yummy ladoos and a easy and healthy snack is ready to offer your kids.